JOIN OUR TEAM
We need volunteers to work on our HERE THERE & EVERYWHERE: GAZA – LONDON events
Our HERE THERE & EVERYWHERE: GAZA – LONDON events will be happening at P21 Gallery in King’s Cross London between Tuesday 7th November and Saturday 11th November.
Az Theatre has a ten-year (2009 – 2019) cultural exchange partnership with Theatre for Everybody in Gaza (you can read about our GAZA DRAMA LONG TERM project: http://aztheatre.org.uk/wordpress/gaza-drama-long-term-2/).
In the autumn our partners, Theatre for Everybody, will be presenting their world premiere Arabic stage adaptation of Tolstoy’s WAR & PEACE to audiences in Khan Younis and Gaza City. Here in London we will be running a series of events that will link up with Gaza during this period. You can read about our approach here: http://aztheatre.org.uk/wordpress/2017/04/03/here-there-everywhere-brief-descriptions
All the work in the UK on this project is being done on a voluntary basis and is being led by professionals.
Our programme is intensive and tries, in a short time, to make as much contact between people in Gaza and here in the UK. There are some ‘performance’ slots, a number of videos and films on video will be shown, the majority of events will be conversations between people here and people in Gaza. There will be an exhibition of work devised and designed by Hazem Harb and Louie Whitemore.
We need three or four people to volunteer to do the following:
- Marketing and Publicity: working through media, social networks, print to ensure that new and habitual audiences get access to the events
- Front of House: ensuring ticketing, reception and front of house is organised, communicating the programme of activities on site.
- Programming: ascertaining availability, contacting and co-ordinating the performers and speakers
- Curating: managing the installation and animation of gallery space.
- Production: ensuring performers and speakers have what they need, that the skype calls are efficiently and effectively organised.
The very most basic ground-work of the organisation of the installation and programming has been done. See draft programme.
The space is well-equipped, has good wifi, projector and screen.
Contact Jonathan Chadwick on 020 7263 9807 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Jonathan Chadwick: email@example.com or call 0207 263 9807.